Heads up Windows Insiders, the Windows 10 19H1 build 18247 is now available for those of you on the Skip Ahead ring. This new build is a minor update with some bug fixes for Narrator, the Task Bar and Microsoft Edge. The Windows Insider team also announced an upcoming update for Your Phone which will add a Preview tag to the app. This app is currently available for all Insiders, but it's expected to ship to all Windows 10 users with the October 2018 update next month
This build also has some known issues related to the dark File Explorer, which as we noted this week is still a work in progress. Anyway, you can learn more about what's fixed and still broken in the full changelog below:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator text to speech not making sense when reading Narrator’s Quick Start pop up in Japanese.
- We fixed an issue resulting in app icons sometimes becoming invisible in the taskbar in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue that could result in an IME not working in Microsoft Edge the first time it was launched.
- We fixed an issue resulting in WebView controls potentially not responding to keyboard.
- Rolling out this week, along with more bug fixes, we have added a “Preview” tag to Your Phone app as we continue to finetune the based on your feedback. Keep it coming via Feedback Hub.
- When using dark mode, File Explorer’s context menu has an unexpectedly thick white border.
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage. This should be fixed in the next flight.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
If your PC is running 64-bit Windows 10 Home and Pro editions in Czech (cs-cz), Microsoft also said that this build won’t be available for you today. For everyone else, you can download it right now by checking Windows Update, let us know in the comments if you encounter any issues after proceeding.