We currently have news poster positions available and are looking for interested people who are highly motivated and hard working. Regardless of where you live, we will consider you!
For those that don’t know, WinBeta is one of the original Microsoft-centered communities founded in 1998. We are centered on Microsoft news but we also cover Technology news. As we continue to grow, we plan on maintaining an environment that allows enthusiasts and newbies to learn about the latest news and share their technology experiences. Help us achieve that goal by being a part of our staff!
Here are our requirements:
- We require our news posters to be active. As a news poster, you will be required to research news items and post at least 4 news posts a week. Of course, the more the merrier.
- All posts are required to be originally written and not copy/pasted. We will be very strict on proper grammar and English. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write. We will provide you with proper training on news posting guidelines, so don’t worry :)
- A Facebook or a Twitter account is highly desired, however not mandatory.
- You must be able to accept criticism from staff and members. No writer is perfect and mistakes can happen. Your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You will become a staff member at one of the original Microsoft-centered communities. You will be given a shiny new red badge indicating that you are a part of WinBeta’s staff!
- You get to post a story in your own words about a topic that you love. We do not restrict you to just one topic, you can write about anything Technology related.
- Each news post you create grants you +2 user points. Those that continually increase their points are recognized.
- You will have the opportunity to attend special tech events.
- You will earn some money (depending on your topic and frequency of posting).
- Other cool perks that you will have to wait and see for yourself :)
Anyone interested? Head over to our contact page and send us an email with your name and email address and we will get back to you with a few questions.Further reading: WinBeta