Welcome to another episode of the WinBeta Podcast. Each week we discuss the top Microsoft related news. This week we discuss latest Windows 10 news including the next potential mobile build, when Windows 10 mobile will be released, dark mode in Edge, and issues with Windows 10 on the Surface 3. We also discuss the Nokia smartwatch that never was, Oculus Rift and Microsoft's partnership, and the Surface Hub.
We also have a poll this week on if you are more excited about augmented reality, such as the Hololens, or virtual reality like the Oculus Rift.
We broadcast each week live on YouTube at 3PM EDT and then post the video and audio which are embedded below. You can also listen to us on iTunes, the Windows podcast app, TuneIn, and watch us on YouTube.
Whether you’re looking for good discussion and insight on Windows news, or just a good time with some guys who love tech, you’ll enjoy the podcast. During the full episodes of the show we discuss the Windows news of the week and then after each week’s episode recording we have a general discussion and Q&A with our viewers. This week we had a good set of questions about Windows 10 and other Microsoft related questions.
Links to the stories discussed this week:
- Windows 10 being offered during OOBE
- Windows 10 mobile build 10136 may arrive next week
- Windows 10 mobile potentially scheduled for September
- Windows 10 build 10130 will not work on the Surface 3 thanks to Cherry Trail bug
- Windows 10: Edge in dark mode shown off via screenshot, looks sexy
- "Moonraker": The Nokia smartwatch that Microsoft killed
- Phil Spencer elaborates on Microsoft's involvement with Facebook's Oculus Rift
- Augmented reality vs virtual reality (discussed in the comments)
- Microsoft begins taking order for Surface Hub July 1, pricing revealed