Here at WinBeta, we have a strong love for everything Microsoft, and a goal to bring you the best content on the web. Our ever expanding team works hard to respond to the latest in breaking news from Microsoft and its partners, in addition to crafting informative, yet fun, features, reviews and how-to pieces. Now, we are looking to expand our team with another writer and make us even better – are you up for the challenge?
Please note that we are looking for writers to cover the hours of 6 AM to Noon PST (we'll work out a schedule with you in between this time frame). In addition, we are also looking for a writer to cover Fridays and Saturdays.
Here are our requirements for those who apply:
- You must be 18 years or older. (Sorry, no exceptions)
- You must be able to accept criticism from editors and your fellow team members. No writer is perfect and mistakes can/will happen; your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You must be able to write a minimum of 15 news stories per week, while contributing to WinBeta on a set time schedule.
- All posts are required to be Microsoft-centric, originally written, and not copy/pasted. Even the idea of plagiarism is not tolerated here.
- Proficiency in proper grammar and the English language. We don't expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write.
- Must own a Windows PC and a DSLR/MILC camera. Ideal applicants will also own at least one of the following items - a Windows Phone, an Xbox One, or a Surface.
Our writers are a team and we collaborate as such. Writers who show dedication are rewarded and are also compensated. Don't expect to replace your primary job, but writers who work hard can definitely make the equivalent of a well-paid part-time job. As writers advance, they will have the opportunity to attend special tech events and test out the latest gadgets OEMs have to offer! Writers also have the chance to promote and climb up the ranks!
If you are interested in writing for WinBeta, here are the important steps you must follow. Any submission that does not follow these simple steps will be ignored: Send an email to "[email protected]” with "WinBeta Job" in the subject line and introduce yourself. Be sure to include your name, your location, why you are interested in the position, any past publications you have written for, and why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the team. You are also required to send in some examples of your written work -- show us that you can write! Good luck!