WinBeta is hiring a writer — do you have what it takes to become a member of the team?
Here at WinBeta, we have a strong love for everything Microsoft, and a goal to bring you the best content on the web. Our team works hard to respond to the latest in breaking news from Microsoft and its partners, in addition to crafting informative, yet fun, features, reviews and how-to pieces. Now, we are looking for a new writer to join our growing team and make us even better – are you up for the challenge?
- Here are our requirements for those who apply:
- You must be 18 years or older. (Sorry, no exceptions)
- You must be able to accept criticism from editors and your fellow team members. No writer is perfect and mistakes can/will happen; your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You must be able to write a minimum of 15 news stories per week, while contributing to WinBeta on a set time schedule.
- All posts are required to be Microsoft-centric, originally written, and not copy/pasted. Even the idea of plagiarism is not tolerated here.
- Proficiency in proper grammar and the English language. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write.
- Must own a Windows PC and a DSLR (or equivalent) camera. Ideal applicants will also own at least one of the following items – a Windows Phone, an Xbox One, or a Surface.
Our writers are a team and we collaborate as such. Writers who show dedication are rewarded and are also compensated. Don’t expect to replace your primary job, but writers who work hard can definitely make the equivalent of a part-time job. As writers advance, they will have the opportunity to attend special tech events and test out the latest gadgets OEMs have to offer!
If you are interested in writing for WinBeta, here are the important steps you must follow. Any submission that does not follow these simple steps will be ignored: Send an email to [email protected]” with “WinBeta Job” in the subject line and introduce yourself. Be sure to include your name, your location, why you are interested in the position, any past publications you have written for, and why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the team. You are also required to send in 2-3 examples of your written work — show us that you can write!
If you don’t have the time nor the interest in writing for us, don’t worry! There are plenty of other ways you can help contribute to this site and to the community. Help jumpstart a conversation by posting a comment, share our posts to various social media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit, and send us news tip! These are all great ways to help out and we will definitely love you for it!
Note: Due to the sheer number of submissions we received last time around, we won’t be able to reply to everyone this time. If we feel you are a fit for the team, we will get in touch with you!Further reading: Jobs, WinBeta, Writer