WinBeta Giveaway: WinRAR 4.0
We are giving away one full license of WinRAR 4.0, the worlds most popular and powerful archive manager, to one lucky WinBeta member! WinRAR is a very easy to use, lightweight, and supports numerous archives such as rar, zip, cab, tar, gz, jar, iso, etc.
Here is a rundown of WinRAR’s features, directly from WinRAR’s help page:
- Complete support of RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives;
- Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm;
- Special algorithms optimized for text, audio, graphics, 32-bit and 64-bit Intel executables compression;
- Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard;
- Command line interface;
- Non RAR archives (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, Z ) management;
- Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% – 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files;
- Multivolume archives;
- Creation of self-extracting archives (also multivolume) using the default or optional SFX modules;
- Recovering physically damaged archives;
- Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives.
- Unicode support in file names;
- Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments , error logging, etc.
WinRAR will convert your files to its .rar format which will save you nearly 30% in file size compared to the .zip format. However, since the application is so flexible, you can change it to whatever format you prefer.
If security is your number one priority, WinRAR allows you to password protect an archive and encrypt the filenames.
Probably one of the coolest features of WinRAR is its ability to repair a damaged archive. WinRAR can also convert from one compression format to another.
The bottom line? WinRAR is a must have tool for any Windows user. For unpacking, creating, or repairing any archive, this tool does it with flexibility and ease. Read more about WinRAR on its official website here. WinRAR runs about 30$ at retail.
One winner will be chosen by May 23rd and will receive a private message informing them of their win. The winner can pick between a 32bit or 64bit of the software. Good luck to all!
Congrats to Matt Gressel for winning this giveaway! Until next time, stay tuned!!Further reading: Giveaway, WinRAR