If you’re sick and tired of receiving unknown calls from telemarketers and spammers, it’s time you give Whitepages ID for Windows 10 Mobile a try (via Windows Central). As the name suggests, the app can help users identify callers who are not saved in their address book and never miss an important call from people. The app is powered by a database of hundreds of millions of true phone numbers so you can find out who’s calling you.
The app comes with spam and scam protection, warning you if the incoming call is suspected spam, as well as the ability to block spam and scam calls, and send them directly to your voice mail. You can also report spam callers, and SMS them to stop contacting other users of the Whitepages community as well. You can further add people saved in the Whitepages directory to your phonebook to keep your phone book updated on-the-go.
Here are some key features of the app:
- Caller ID: Only take calls from people you want to talk to. Take calls from friends not in your phone book. Pick up the call from your doctor. Never miss an important call from someone trying to get in touch.
- Call Blocker: Black list spam, scams, and annoying telemarketer or political calls and send them straight to voice mail. Call blocker that black lists and stop calls and SMS messages to take your privacy back.
- Scam & Spam Protection: Alerts automatically appear to warn you if an incoming call is from suspected spam. Easily report spam callers, scams, and SMS spam to stop them from contacting other users in the Whitepages community.
- Phone Book Contact Photos: See the latest profile photo, job title and city information for friends, family, co-workers and business associates from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- True Contacts: Add names and addresses from the Whitepages directory to your phone book contacts to keep them true, complete and up to date.
- Save Money: Reduce the amount of minutes that unknown calls and unknown text messages use up.
If it sounds interesting to you, or you’re tired with scam calls on your Windows Phone by marketers and other people, you should give Whitepages ID for Windows 10 Mobile a try.