Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Mobile update to Windows Insiders on the Slow and Preview rings today. We didn’t know too much about the update other than a short list of changes, but the company finally released more specific information over at the Microsoft Answers community.
Here’s the official changelog for build 10586.164:
- Improvements for the reliability of app notifications, including text messages and alarms not ringing as scheduled.
- Improvements for text message backup to reduce data and battery usage.
- Fixes for Microsoft Edge with address bar suggestions showing late or persisting during navigation, “Close all tabs” not closing all tabs, and Word Flow on the address bar not functioning as expected.
- Fix for a problem where the Microsoft account was not detected by the Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar and People app.
- Attempting to add a new contact in this state caused the People app to crash for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused the Wi-Fi connection to temporarily switch off after prolonged use for some users.
- Fix for a problem that caused first-party app updates to fail to install successfully for some users, leaving the apps in state where they cannot be launched.
- Improvements for battery usage, Bluetooth connectivity, and OS reliability.
That’s all there is to it. If you’re in the right rings of the Windows Insider program, then you should get this update soon if you haven’t already. Let us know in the comments if you run across anything interesting.