Microsoft has just released the first development branch update for Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile, or as Insiders like to say, the first of the Redstone 2 builds.
Here’s what’s new in the latest 14905 build for Mobile:
We are introducing a newly refined sound set in this build, uniting the best of our past and present. We aspire to set a new bar for mobile sound set quality, and are trying to make the soundscape of technology more beautiful and harmonious. This also helps align with new sound design direction of the Windows platform as a whole, so that mobile sounds will family with desktop and tablet and be feel instantly familiar to all Windows users. We will continue to evolve – head to Settings > Personalization > Sounds to see the updated list of available sounds and let us know what you think!
- Missed call notifications are now more actionable, with inline options to call back, text or remind yourself to do something about it later.
- We fixed an issue where videos played in Windows Phone 8 apps might not pause when an incoming call was received.
- We fixed an issue where, if “Show my caller ID” is set to “My contacts”, the contact being called might still see a blocked caller ID.
- We fixed an issue where the Lock screen might fail to update to the new time after a time zone change.
- We fixed an issue resulting in music not resuming after a call was finished, if Turn-by-Turn directions were being read out from the Maps app when the phone call came in.
To get the latest build, make sure you’re on the Fast Ring (you can check in Mobile at Settings>Update and security>Windows Insider Program, and then check for updates.Further reading: Fast Ring, Redstone 2, Windows 10 Mobile