Hi everyone. We here at WinBeta have a strong love for everything Microsoft, and a goal to bring you the best Microsoft content on the web. Our ever expanding team consists of Microsoft enthusiasts who want to give back to the Microsoft community. They work hard to respond to the latest in breaking news from Microsoft and its partners, in addition to crafting informative, yet fun, features, reviews and how-to pieces. Now, we are looking to expand our team with a new writer to work during the hours of 9AM to Noon PST and make us even better – are you up for the challenge? Do you want to join our family?
- You must be 18 years or older. (Sorry, no exceptions)
- You must be able to accept criticism from editors and your fellow team members. No writer is perfect and mistakes can/will happen; your ability to accept criticism is very important.
- You are required to have a great attitude, a willingness to work, and a desire to be a part of the team.
- We are looking for someone who can stick to an assigned schedule (be prompt and available during your time slot) and treat their WinBeta responsibilities like an actual job.
- All posts are required to be Microsoft-centric, originally written, and not copy/pasted. Even the idea of plagiarism is not tolerated here.
- Proficiency in proper grammar and the English language. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we do expect you to know how to write.
- Must own a Windows PC and a DSLR/MILC camera. Ideal applicants will also own at least one of the following items – a Windows Phone, Xbox One, or a Surface.
- If you have expertise in creating video content, please mention it in your application.
Our writers are a team and we collaborate as such. Writers who show dedication are rewarded and are also compensated. Don’t expect to replace your primary day job, but writers who work hard can definitely make the equivalent of a well-paid part-time job. As writers advance, they will have the opportunity to attend special tech events and test out the latest gadgets OEMs have to offer! Writers also have the chance to promote and climb up the ranks!
If you are interested in writing for WinBeta, here are the important steps you must follow. Any submission that does not follow these simple steps will be disqualified from the selection process: Send an email to “[email protected]” with “WinBeta Job” in the subject line (this should be the only thing in the subject line) and introduce yourself. Be sure to include your name, your location, why you are interested in the position, any past publications you have written for, and why you believe you would be a perfect fit for the team. You are also required to send in some examples of your written work if you have any — show us that you can write! If you meet our standards, we’ll place you in a “qualified selection pool” and fill our positions from there. Good luck!
Note: Due to the large number of applications, we may not respond to you immediately. We will select our top five picks out of the pool of applicants and notify them of their selection. We will then hire the top candidate based on our selection criteria. Any applicant who does not meet our minimum guidelines indicated above will be auto-disqualified. If you’ve applied in the past and haven’t received a response, you are welcome to try again. We are very picky on who we hire so not everyone makes the cut.Further reading: job, WinBeta