Microsoft is set to unveil Windows 10 Mobile in a matter of weeks, however, very few Windows Phone will see the new operating system. The reality is that current Windows Phones will still be rocking Windows Phone 8.1 probably for the remainder of the year.
With that being said, it’s nice to see some developers still updating their Windows Phone 8.1 apps such as VideoLAN. VLC for Windows Phone 8.1 recently received a version update pushing the app up to version 1.7. With the update, the VLC app gains a host of neat additions.
Based on the Changelog:
- Fix support for SRT and SSA
- New mini player design and widget
- Fix support for Windows RT
- New gestures and keyboard controls
- Control of audio/video/subtitle delay and synchronization
- Better hardware acceleration
- Support for chapters control
- Support of a light and black theme
- Important interface updates to prepare for Windows 10
- Rewrite of the thumbnailer process Speed up of the video decoding and output and removing deadlocks
- Support of acceleration activation per-file
- Faster input support
The new app can be nabbed from the Windows Store now.