VideoLan has rolled out a new update for the VLC app on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. This new app update fixes several bugs and adds minor user interface changes. VLC, for those that did not know, is a free and open source cross-platform media player that plays most media files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
You can snag the latest update from the download link below (an update for the Windows Phone app is set to arrive sometime next week). Keep in mind that VLC for Windows is still in development so expect to see bugs. Here are the new improvements in the latest update to VLC for Windows:
- Update libVLC, libVLCcore and codecs
- Pass complete path to libVLC instead of WinRT tokens, if possible
- Reactivate DLNA browsing
- Fix subtitles displaying on Windows x86
- Support taglib parsing when possible Interface
- Cleaning code and small UI changes