The May 2016 release of Visual Studio Code comes with some fixes, tweaks, and new features that should have developers once again excited to use Microsoft’s development tools.
A recap of the update to VS Code include the following additions:
- Editor: Ability to trim automatically inserted whitespace, a new key binding to select all find matches, and the Peek view is now resizable.
- Linting: ESLint now supports the ability to fix all problems and TSLint supports quick fixes and file exclusion.
- Languages: Code completion (IntelliSense), Go To and Peek Definition, and Find All Occurrences support for CSS variables in CSS, SCSS, and LESS files.
- Workbench: A new integrated Terminal allows you to stay in VS Code while using your platform’s shell, we’ve added the ability to remove key bindings, and we’ve made progress on Tab support.
- Debugging: You can now control how the Debug Console is revealed, and we’ve improved stepping performance for Node.js applications with large numbers of local variables.
- Extensions: You can now list, install, and uninstall extensions from the command line. For extension authors, we’ve expanded our debug, TextMate grammar, and command APIs, and we’ve improved the Language Server Protocol.
As well as the following fixes to the software:
- 959: Fonts become fuzzy after zooming and scrolling
- 1000: Slow response when system is offline
- 2717: “Define Keybindings” is invalidating keybindings.json
- 4541: Problem typing in Korean
- 5645: Slow call stack response for TS repository
- 5780: Come up with better external terminal defaults on Linux
- 6029: debug doesn’t work on node v6
- 6151: The border of scroll bar is ugly, and unclear under high dpi
- 6432: Unity desktop entry not installed immediately after installation
- 6525: Linux CLI fails to open files with spaces in filename
- 6530: source maps don’t work if drive letter case does not match
- 6593: Two desktop entries appear on Ubuntu sometimes
- 6609: Change keybinding for ‘fold all’ / ‘unfold all.’
- 6878, 6916: Freeze/Crash when dealing with minified js files