Just last week news broke that Visio, the Office app for diagrams, became available for iPad and the web. Today there is an update on that end of the story, as the Visio Viewer reach has now expanded to the iPhone as well.
According to the app store listing, you can use the Microsoft Visio Viewer app to interact with Visio diagrams on iPhone on the go for free. All it takes to use the app is to sign with your Microsoft Account or open a Visio attachment from email on any iPhone running iOS 9.0 or later. You can also use the app to share the diagrams with anyone who can then view Visio diagrams on their iPhone or in a web browser even they don’t have Visio installed on their Windows desktop.
To create or edit diagrams, though, you will need Visio Pro for Office 365 subscription, which will give you access to the full Visio experience on Windows desktop. Other features include:
- Visio diagrams look great on your iPhone, all along with an intuitive pan and zoom experience optimized for touch.
- You can easily find information on the diagram through Find and reveal different visualizations of the same diagram using Layer wherever you are, in the office or on the go.
- View Visio files from OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint — or those received as email attachments on iPhone
- Cloud storage keeps you in sync with updated information on the go
- Share easily as a link or an attachment
- Explore real-world diagrams easily
- Experience the intuitive pan and zoom, which are optimized for a small touch screen
- Reveal different visualizations of the same diagram using Layer
- Search text in metadata to locate shape in large diagrams
You can download the app now via the link below! Once you’ve checked it out, please be sure to drop us a comment to let us know how the experience is going for you.