After making its appearance on Xbox back in June of 2014, Valiant Hearts: The Great War is now available as a free download on Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The game features the story of four unsung heroes swept up by World War 1, and is an immersive 4-part episodic game. The full details from the Windows Store listing for the game can be seen below:
- PLAY A GRAPHIC NOVEL: An emotional adventure game delivered with a unique tone and art style.
- A MIX OF EXPLORATION, ACTION AND PUZZLES: Move into action and help your heroes survive the Great War by solving puzzles or sneaking through enemy lines…
- FOLLOW THE STORY OF THESE VALIANT HEARTS: Lost in a maze of trenches, play each of these characters and help a young German soldier find his love! All of them will be helped by their faithful canine companion, Walt.
- RELIVE THE GREAT WAR: This fictitious story takes you back to famous WW1 locations, revisiting historical battles on the Western Front, such as the Battle of the Marne or the Battle of the Somme!
- INTERACT WITH HISTORY: In partnership with Apocalypse World War 1 and the Mission Centenaire 14-18, learn more about the Great War through historical articles and share them with friends.
Back in October of 2015, this usually $14.99 priced Xbox title was a free Xbox One title under Games with Gold. The Windows 10 version of the game, however, is free to download but features paid in-app purchases which unlock more episodes or special packs.
If this title sounds interesting, you can download it for yourself by clicking the link below. Then, once you do download, please do let us know how it is going by dropping us a comment below.