UC Browser Preview for Windows Phone adds better tabs management, updated UI, and more
The public Beta version of UC Browser, an app that is being touted as the “best internet browser” for Windows Phone, is now available for your testing pleasure. UC Browser is one of the most popular apps in the Windows Phone Store today, with over thirty-five thousand reviews and over four hundred million global users.
UC Browser 4.0 Preview is now available for download, offering users a chance to test out the new UI as well as features before the update is delivered to the stable app. Here are the key features in this version:
- Visit as PC – By entering Desktop mode, you can now experience the full features of webpages as if you were on a PC.
- Flexible Modes – Includes Night Mode, Speed Mode, Incognito Browsing, Text-only Browsing. Added a brightness control for Night Mode.
- Customized Themes and Lockscreen Wallpaper – Change the browser skin from the UC Theme Center. These can also be used as lockscreen wallpapers.
- Multi-tabs management – Multiple tabs help you switch between different sites without refreshing.
- QR Code Scanning Scan – QR codes or use QR code images already in your phone.
- Speed Dial – Speed Dial and Site Navigation offer you a convenient way to access your favorite sites, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, Yahoo and NY times.
- Upgraded Sharing – Found a great picture or webpage? Share to Facebook,Twitter and more directly within UC Browser.
“UC Browser is a leading mobile internet browser with more than 400 million users across more than 150 countries and regions. This product is currently available in 11 different languages on all major operating platforms,” UCWeb stated on their official product website. For those of you who want an alternative to Internet Explorer on Windows Phone, this browser might just be what you have been looking for.
If you are interested in trying out these new features, hit the download link below to snag the app. Enjoy!Microsoft, UC Browser, Windows Phone