The latest release notes have been published for the web version of Twitter which powers both the official Windows 10 Twitter app and the web experienced accessed via web browsers.
The notes confirm that the new threaded conversations style that recently rolled out on the iOS and Android apps has now come to this version of the Twitter social network and that a new search and promoted tweets experience has begun rolling out to users.
Other updates made to Twitter over the past month or so include a variety of accessibility improvements, a stronger focus on Topics, and improved video playback.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Promoting Tweets: An improved and simplified flow for promoting your Tweets is rolling out on Twitter.com. Keep an eye out for it through the Tweet activity screen!
- Search: We’re experimenting with different ways of rendering typeahead search results to make it easier for you to quickly find and select what you’re looking for when searching.
- Threaded Conversation Units: We’ve enabled threaded conversation units on the home timeline! This will help provide additional context and insight into conversations.
- Accessibility: Improved screen reader detection of related elements within groups like drawers, modals, and popovers.
- Accessibility: Screen readers will now be able to provide more context around checkbox controls.
- Checkbox Controls: Improved responsiveness when clicking on checkbox control elements.
- Interstitials: Reduced padding and improved visibility for interstitials on smaller screens.
- Search: Attempting to add a new saved search when you’ve reached the maximum of 25 will now inform you of the limit via error message.
- Topics: On Topics related pages, you’ll now see suggested Topics in the sidebar.
- Video: Promoted video overlays have been updated to better address right-to-left languages.
- Accessibility: Fixed certain elements that were focusable even when disabled.
- Composer: Corrected issues with line height and text visibility in the composer on certain browsers.
- DMs: Fixed an issue where reporting a DM from the inline dropdown would show an error screen.
- DMs: Resolved an issue where the DM composer was not clearing immediately after sending a message.
- DMs: The “x” button on DM message requests will no longer open the conversation.
- DMs: When scrolling back through a DM conversation, you should no longer fall into a state where the loading indicator displays, and the conversation is not loaded.
- DMs: Resolved issues where the image preview in DMs wouldn’t display, or the overlay controls would overlap.
- Image Cropper: Zooming within the image cropper should now work as expected.
- Input Fields: Entering non-numeric values into certain input fields will no longer cause the description to overlap the input.
- Search: The search field will no longer exceed the container height on mobile devices.
- Tweets: Corrected instances where replying to a Tweet wouldn’t increase the reply count appropriately.
- Video: Video playback on Safari should no longer be interrupted or paused due to hovering elements like labels and popovers.
- Video: Addressed specific scenarios where multiple videos could playback simultaneously.
The web/Windows version of Twitter continues to update on a very regular basis. A recent update added support for Fleets while evidence of Twitter Spaces, the service’s voice rooms, being tested on the web has also been found.
Want more Windows app news? Follow us on Twitter.