It’s not been long since Tweetium for Windows Phone came out of beta stages, and since then, it has received several updates with many bug fixes and improvements. It’s great to see the developer behind Tweetium working on making sure the app is free of bugs or any other problems.
The biggest change with the latest update is that support is disabled for installing the app on SD cards. It’s rather strange, but the change log mentions Windows Phone 8.1 faces several “bad” bugs when it comes to installing apps on SD cards. Furthermore, there are several performance improvements to boost the overall user experience.
Here’s the complete change log for the latest update:
- YouTube links now open in supported YouTube apps
- More performance tweaks for certain scenarios, especially jumping to top
- Disabled support for installing to SD cards on Windows Phone, as apparently WP 8.1 has bad bugs with this.
- The app is very small and uses very little temp file space, so shouldn’t be an issue.
- Fixed a regression in the last update which prevented RTs from grouping together in search results
- Prevent the scroll position from changing when new tweets stream into a thread while you’re replying
- Fixed a case where connect/DM unread state could clear unexpectedly just after a cold launch
- Fixed another (rare) loading problem
Head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab the updated app — it costs $2.99 and is a universal app so you can download it for Windows as well. It’s one of the best Twitter apps, and if you’re a Twitter power user, you won’t be disappointed. It offers several enticing features such as support for multiple accounts, push notifications and much more. If you’re a regular Tweetium user, would you recommend it to other Windows Phone users?Microsoft, Tweetium, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8.1