Tweetium app for Windows 8.1 gets a big update, likely the best Twitter client in the Windows Store
The developer behind Tweetium has rolled out a new update to the app, adding a plethora of new features and fixes based on consumer feedback. We have been using Tweetium since its release last week and we have to argue that this app is likely one of the best Twitter apps available in the Windows Store today.
“Tweetium is the premium Windows 8 Twitter client you’ve been waiting for. It’s slick. It’s fast. This first release has been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. Tweetium is a brand new app designed and developed by the maker of the critically acclaimed Newseen,” the app description reads.
This app is slick, beautiful, customizable, works amazing in Snap mode, and is flawless when used in a multi-monitor or multi-window setting. The app was just updated to version 1.1 and comes with the following improvements:
- You can now pin searches and users to the navigation bar via a new context menu
- Any navigation tab can now be unpinned and repinned using the context menu
- Navigation tabs can now be reordered using the context menu
- Users can now be added to lists
- Favorites view added to Me tab
- Links and images now have context menus to open in new windows and copy URLs
- Expanded tweet age/timestamps are now permalinks
- New option to bypass t.co links
- Fixed problem with conversation views scrolling to the top when the touch keyboard was dismissed.
- Improved error handling for tweet submissions.
- Subscribed lists now maintain their pinned status correctly on subsequent sessions.
- Fixed a layout issue for profile view in snapped mode.
- Fixed a rare problem where certain tweets containing particular characters would not appear
- Fixed links for user handles and hashtags in rare cases of overlapping names or tags
- Fixed a crash when using the New Window app bar command from user pages or search result views
- Image previews in grid tiles are now centered consistently
- Support non-square profile images
- Fixed a bug where images in expanded view were sometimes scaled without preserving aspect ratio
- Character remaining count now updates correctly when selecting an autocomplete suggestion via touch or mouse
- Deleting a tweet now closes the conversation view if it was the last tweet there
- Tweaks to portrait and snap layout to fit more in the nav bar
- Expanded tweets/threads can now be pinch-zoomed (mainly to enlarge images)
- Search box text now clears on navigation
- Pinned lists no longer appear in the nav bar on a delay
- Fixed a bug in CTRL+Tab behavior
- Settings now apply to all open windows immediately
- Added missing url and location fields on Me page
- New animations and animation improvements for low-end machines
- New wide tile logo
As you can see, this app was given one heck of an update. At the moment, there is no trial version available due to Twitter’s API token restrictions, but hopefully that will change. Hit the download link below to snag the updated app. If you do not see the update right away, be patient, you will see it eventually since the update was just made available in the Windows Store.Tweetium, Twitter, Windows 8.1