The developer behind Tweetium has rolled out yet another new update to the app, adding a plethora of new features and fixes based on consumer feedback. We have been using Tweetium since its release and we firmly believe this app is one of the best Twitter apps available in the Windows Store today.
"Tweetium is the premium Windows 8 Twitter client you've been waiting for. It's slick. It's fast. This first release has been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. Tweetium is a brand new app designed and developed by the maker of the critically acclaimed Newseen," the app description reads.
Version 1.2 was just rolled out to the Windows Store and this update brings along several new features such as support for profile cover images, Twitpic embedding, expanded tweets, Live tile, and much more. Here are the new features and improvements:
- Initial live tile implementation
- Added option to enable invoking links with touch taps in main view
- Added support for profile cover images
- Added Twitpic embedding
- Added RT data to expanded tweets
- Fixed image links for DM images
- Embedded Instagram images load more smoothly
- Updated large tile logo to match wide tile style
- Improved logic for notifying whether the DM tab is updated
- Improved calculation of tweet length with certain URLs
- Fixed add-to-list menu for users with more than 5 lists
- Fixed crash when certain characters were typed into the search box
- Possible fix for a very rare crash reported when replying
The app runs for $2.99 and you can snag it via the download link below. For those of you who already use this app, how do you like it?