Earlier this year, Nokia (now a part of Microsoft) unveiled an accessory called Treasure Tag which give users the ability to locate their belongings. Simply attach it to your keys or any other personal belonging you tend to forget, and you’ll be able to locate it using the Treasure Tag smartphone app. Recently, Microsoft took some time out and upgraded the Treasure Tag app for Windows Phone, as well as the Lumia Selfie app.
With the latest update for both apps, users will be able to use the button on the Treasure Tag as a remote shutter to take photos with the Lumia Selfie app. However, you have to make sure you update both apps on your Windows Phone handset. Furthermore, there are some performance improvements, as well as the ability to manage alerts using quiet mode.
Here’s the list of features introduced with the Treasure Tag app for Windows Phone:
- Manage alerts using quiet mode to automatically mute alerts while connected to Wi-Fi networks you select
- General performance improvements and bug fixes
- You can now also use the button on a Treasure Tag accessory as a remote shutter control to take photos with the Lumia Selfie app
The Lumia Selfie app gives Lumia owners the ability to take excellent selfies with their smartphone’s front or main camera and share them with their friends. Recently, it was also bumped to 22.214.171.124, and brings a few new features on board, including the Treasure Tag compatibility mentioned above. Furthermore, the photos you take with the app are now automatically saved when you capture them, sounds good right?
Here’s what the new Lumia Selfie app brings at the table:
- Use a Treasure Tag as a remote shutter
- Photos are saved automatically when you take them
Head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab the updated apps, especially if you use them on a regular basis.Lumia, Microsoft, Treasure tag