The top free, paid, and trending Windows Phone apps and games as of August 3rd
The Windows Phone Store is home to thousands of Windows Phone apps, with new apps coming in on a weekly basis. Let’s take a look at the Windows Phone Store and see which apps are at the top of the charts when it comes to the free, paid, and trending categories. We’ll also highlight some of these apps that have made it to the top of the charts.
As of August 3rd, the top-five free apps are Pandora, Battery Saver, Live Lock Screen Beta, Nokia Creative Studio, and Facebook. The top-five paid apps are Status Tiles, WPCentral, Airyware Tuner, Magnify News Reader, TVShow Plus, and Metrotube. The top-five trending apps are Live Lock Screen Beta, Fitbit, Uber, iTube Free, and Music Downloader.
The top-five free games are Subway Surfers, Fail Hard, Angry Birds Epic, 100 Balls, and Piano Tiles. The top-five paid games are Cut The Rope Exp, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic CD, and Mirror’s Edge.
These stats are based on data from the Windows Phone Store in the United States. Nothing new and exciting this week, except for a few new noteworthy app additions to the Store. It is also a bit weird to see Facebook at the very end of the top-free app list, considering it was always the top app in the past.
Let’s take a look at some of these top apps and games below, perhaps you might just discover your new favorite app!
- Live Lock Screen Beta (free) – Live lock screen lets you choose from 6 new lock screen layouts to add a distinctive touch to your Windows Phone.
- Status Tiles ($0.99) – This app lets you pin the toggles for connectivity settings to your home screen, and also indicate the current status via a live tile.
- Magnify News Reader ($0.99) – This app is being touted as one of the most beautiful looking RSS news reader apps on Windows Phone.
- Fitbit (free) – The official Fitbit app for Windows Phone 8.1, allowing you to keep track on stats, log activity, stay motivated, and much more.
- iTube Free (free) – This app provides a simple and modern interface for browsing YouTube on your Windows Phone device.
- Fail Hard (free) – In this fun physics game, you must use the smooth and intuitive controls to perform physics bending stunts.
- Dungeon Gems (free) – Join players from all around the world in a quest to defeat the dragons. Experience thrilling, fast-paced puzzle gameplay with strategic RPG-style party management.