The top, best, and most popular apps for your new Windows Phone device
Looking for the best apps to use on your Windows Phone device? We’re here to help. It’s the holidays and if you unwrapped a brand new Windows Phone device, we’re also here to help you. Let’s showcase the top five best apps in the Windows Phone Store right now, and we’ll throw in six of our top picks too. Let’s get started!
- OneDrive (free) – This is currently the top app in the Windows Phone Store. Store all your personal files into the cloud with Microsoft’s fast and secure solution.
- Facebook Messenger (free) – Messenger is just like texting, but you don’t have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan). A perfect compliment to Facebook.
- Facebook (free) – Everyone has a Facebook account these days, and you need to install the official Facebook app for Windows Phone!
- Pandora (free) – You can pin your favorite music stations to the Start screen, or see what’s playing by glancing at your Pandora Live Tile. Take your favorite personalized radio service to a whole new level with Windows Phone!
- Skype (free) – Make free Skype to Skype video and voice calls as well as send instant messages to friends and family around the world, right on your Windows Phone.
- Netflix (free) – If you have a Netflix account, grab this official app which recently got a big update.
- Tweetium (paid) – In our opinion, the best damn Twitter client period. Now available for Windows Phone too!
- Shazam (free) – Shazam is the best way to identify music and TV around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly identify, explore, buy and share.
- Camera 360 (free) – This app wants to be your favorite camera app, complete with powerful focusing tools, lenses, and editing tools in one app. Try it and you just might love it.
- 6tag (free) – 6tag is the most full featured and beautiful Instagram app for Windows Phone, and it is constantly updated and improved. What more can you ask?
- Candy Crush Saga (free) – Take on this deliciously sweet Saga alone or play with friends to see who can get the highest score
So there you have it. Our top 10 apps (and one game) you need to download and install right now on your new Windows Phone device. There are plenty of apps and games available in the Windows Phone Store, so we highly suggest you launch the Store app and look around.
Have any app or game recommendations for a new Windows Phone user? Sound off in the comments below!Further reading: Microsoft, Windows Phone, Windows Phone Store