Build 184.108.40.206 is now available for Edge Insiders on the Dev channel. This latest build adds ink functionality to the test browser’s screenshots, prevents banned Chrome extensions from being installed, and also added a feature that can import settings from the current Edge browser.
Here’s the full release notes with all of the changes and improvements:
New features and behavior:
- Added the ability to mark up screenshots with ink.
- Prevented extensions that are banned from the Chrome extensions store from being installed.
- Added messaging to better help users for some cases when Internet Explorer mode fails to start.
- Added the ability to import settings from the original version of Edge.
- Added additional text to identify when a window is InPrivate or Guest.
Fixes for improved reliability and stability:
- Fixed a crash when pressing Tab.
- Fixed a crash when pressing F6.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads page sometimes didn’t render.
- Fixed an issue where Netflix was slow when playing 4K video.
- Fixed a crash when installing extensions.
- Fixed a hang when playing certain types of videos.
- Fixed some hangs when opening Application Guard windows.
- Fixed an issue where the popup blocker would sometimes fail to work in Internet Explorer mode.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes fails to start properly.
- Fixed some issues where opening certain PDF files sometimes failed.
Fixes for improved behavior:
- Fixed an issue where SafeSearch couldn’t be turned on.
- Fixed an issue where selecting all text in a PDF didn’t work.
- Fixed an issue where the Apps page occasionally shows duplicate entries.
- Fixed an issue where languages were getting added to edge://settings/languages when they shouldn’t have been.
- Fixed an issue where PDF form fields sometimes don’t appear properly.
- Fixed an issue where tab icons are occasionally the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where address bar icons are occasionally the wrong color.
- Fixed an issue where certain icons weren’t displaying correctly in certain countries.
- Fixed an issue where the correct start page wasn’t appearing in some countries.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows sometimes didn’t display in the proper language.
As always, thanks for being an insider, and keep sending us all of your valuable feedback and suggestions!
Are you excited for the new Edge browser? Let us know in the comments below and then follow us on Twitter for more Microsoft news.