App updates are always welcomed. They give users a positive sign that developers are active and are willing to make sure their apps are bug-free — it doesn’t really matter if it’s a big update with lots of new features, or merely bug fixes. Earlier today, a number of developers released updates for their apps, including Readit, Overkill 3, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Rush and Opera Mini Beta. Most of them are bug fixing updates, and merely comes with bug fixes and enhancements.
Readit is one of the most popular and feature-rich Reddit client available in the Windows Phone Store. The developer is quite active and has updated the app regularly in the past. The app received an update today, bumping it to version 18.104.22.168, and comes with a handful of bug fixes and improvements, including a fix for duplicate notifications, and several other issues.
Here’s the complete change log:
- Image preview is no longer a press + hold manipulation, just tap the preview image to quickly preview the associated image.
- Changed Optimize Gifs using Gfycat setting to “convert gifs to videos”. All gifs/gifvs/gfycat links will open in a browser instead of being played by readit and taking over audio with this setting disabled. It will then be the site handling the audio, so we are not responsible for the broken APIs for managing media.
- Fixed toasts not disappearing
- Fixed duplicate notifications
- Fixed collapsing title area for a post when trying to expand a Gifv to full screen
- Added a refresh post option to the appbar when viewing self text, refreshes self text with latest version from reddit
- Fixed double tapping posts to open them causing app to go wonky and crash when using the back button
- Fixed user mentions in comments not taking you to the profile
- Fixed spoilers not showing up
- Fixed going straight to comments of a post in a subreddit that you aren’t subscribed to
- Fixed post live tiles
- Fixed the hide nsfw preview images setting
- Resume where I left off is now enabled by default to prevent confusion (only for new installs)
- New experimental indicator for self text posts
Next up is Opera Mini Beta, a popular browser for Windows Phone. The app received a minor bug fixing update along with Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Rush game, where you can decorate and bake your cakes, and more.
Last but not the least, Game Trooper’s popular title Overkill 3 also picked up an update, bumping it to version 1.2. Overkill 3 is an addictive shooter game with lots of deadly weapons and challenging environments. The latest update brings leaderboards which allows users to compare their progress and score with your friends, alongside fixes for the sharing options. Unfortunately, the app still doesn’t support low-end devices equipped with 512MB of RAM, but we’re hoping the developer will make it compatible with those devices.
If you happen to be a regular user of any of the app mentioned above, head over to the Windows Phone Store and grab the updated apps.