Mixer has been handing out free digital content for Xbox users throughout the week with its MixPot. Today is the last day for you to get yours.
If you’re just tuning in, Mixer originally was giving away free digital content for watching the Xbox E3 conference. It was extended to include those viewing the Xbox Daily show. All you need to do is have an Xbox Live or Microsoft account attached to your Mixer profile and be logged in while viewing. Games and DLC will then be accredited to your Xbox account automatically over the course of a week.
Here are the games included in the promotion:
- Rare Replay – full game download. Mature game – will not be awarded to accounts for users under 17 or with family settings that block purchases.
- Halo Wars 2 Kinsano Leader Pack (with special bonus of 3 Blitz Packs for Xbox One players)
- Minecraft Redstone Specialists Skin Pack (for Minecraft: Xbox One Edition)
- Halo Warthog in Forza Horizon 3 (unique vehicle not available in the in-game store)
- HAWKEN – Starter Pack
- No Time to Explain – full game download
- The Final Station – full game download. Mature game – will not be awarded to accounts for users under 17 or with family settings that block purchases.
As an attempt to boost its views, Mixer’s E3 promotion has been met by Xbox fans. Despite the technical difficulties, Mixer garnered over a surprising one million viewers during its coverage already. Whether it was because these fans wanted to genuinely support the young streaming service or just wanted to nab some free content, either way, Mixer could consider the attempt a success.
Users are reporting that games have been added to their accounts already, including us. However, the Microsoft FAQ warns that it could take up to a week for the free content to be delivered.
The last chance to take part in the MixPot offer is today at 10am PDT. So if you’re looking to nab those free games, head on over to Mixer.com/Xbox and be sure to sign in with an attached Microsoft/Xbox Live account. Because who doesn’t love free games?Further reading: Microsoft, Mixer, Video Games