This guy is building his own Halo Warthog with some help from 3D printing
Have you ever wished that you could just steal the Warthog from Halo 3 and drive it around? One fan named Bryant Havercamp did just that!
As reported by 3Ders.org, the off-road vehicle actually took its creator nearly seven years to get to this point. Inspired by the M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle from Halo 3, also called a Warthog, Havercamp is finally sharing on Reddit the culmination of all that hard work.
The truck originally began as a 1984 Chevy k10. Havercamp broke it down and rebuilt the vehicle back up including plenty of 3D printed accessories. Here are the details:
- 1984 Chevy k10 that has been completely stripped down and frame has been chopped. Engine and trans isnt even from that truck though.
- 350 Chevy 4 bolt gen 1 v8 block with stock cam from an 84 Chevy truck with L31 vortec heads with highflow aftermarket intake and 600cfm quickfuel carb
- Th400 hydramatic 3 speed trans with 4.56 gearing in the diff
- 4 link suspension in back and 3 link with panhard bar in front, with airbags
- Bodywork is all 100 percent custom made
- Soon to be 4 wheel steering via hydraulic cylinders and a custom rear axle
- Has long tube heads and truck has a LOT of various fabrication, too much to even list
Impressively, the creator is said to have ‘little real world mechanical experience’ with years of learning and tinkering to make the dream vehicle a reality. It’s not the first time that the Warthog was recreated though, the 343 Industries version a bit less rough around the edges with (probably) a higher budget.
According to a post from his friend on Reddit, the Warthog will be street legal next week. So if you see a military vehicle from Halo 3 ramping down the street, you’ll know what to watch out for. Of course, depending on who you ask, it looks kind of more like a ‘Puma’ and lacks a certain musical charm. Yes, that was a Red vs Blue reference.
Check out literally a hundred more pictures of the M12 Light Reconnaissance Vehicle’s development over on Imgur.Further reading: 343 Industries, Halo, Halo 3