The benefit and the pain of the Windows-partner ecosystem is the level of variety and price points offered to customers. Overchoice or the Paradox of Choice can be a real anxiety trigger for Windows users looking for their next device, but fortunately, the homogony of quality specs used by device makers might help ease the pressure of finding that perfect laptop.
Enter the Lenovo IdeaPad S540 14" & 15"
For a starting price of $729.99 customers get the following:
- Up to 8th Gen Intel Core i7 and AMD Ryzen 7 3700U processors
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/ GeForce MX250/ Intel Integrated graphics/ AMD Radeon RX Vega graphics
- Privacy Shutter for webcam
- 25% slimmer screen bezels
- Dolby Audio speakers
- Dual-action cooling fans
- All-day battery life (12 hours) with Rapid Charge technology. 80% battery charge in as little as 60 mins.
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- 14" FHD or 15" FHD Anti-Glare 30o-nits display
- Up to 12GB DDR RAM
- Up to 1TB SSD Storage
- 1 x USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1), 2 x USB 3.0 (One Always-On), HDMI™ 2.0b, Audio Combo Jack, SD Card Reader, Fingerprint Reader
- Starting at 3.3lbs (1.5 kg)
The Lenovo IdeaPad S540 will be available in Abyss Blue, Copper, and Mineral Grey, sometime in April for US customers and March for some participating EMEA regions.