The official Telegram app for Windows devices updated this week with several new changes to reactions and the launch of emoji statuses for Telegram Premium subscribers.
Groups and private Telegram chats now have access to a new expandable menu for selecting reactions from. More reactions are also now available for free users to use as some reactions that were previously exclusive to Premium users have now been unlocked for everyone.
In addition to the above changes, Telegram Premium users can now add up to three separate reactions to messages, a first (as far as I know) for a social media platform. It’ll be interesting to see if rival networks, like Facebook and Twitter, copy this functionality.
Telegram Premium users can also now add an emoji status next to their name to represent their current status.
Here’s the full release notes for this app update:
- A new expandable reaction menu was added in private chats and groups.
- All users get access to dozens of new reactions, including reactions previously reserved for Premium users.
- The reactions you use most frequently will always be displayed at the top.
- Premium users can react to messages with thousands of custom emoji and add up to 3 reactions to each message.
- Group admins can control whether custom reactions are allowed in their groups.
Premium: Emoji Statuses
- Premium users can add an animated emoji status next to their name to display their current activity.
- To set a status, click your Premium badge in the main menu or Settings.
- Popular suggestions for working, sleeping, traveling and more will be shown at the top.
- To set a status for a specific duration like 1 hour or 2 days, right click the emoji.
- A new format was supported for username links, in addition to “t.me/username.” You can now open Telegram accounts, groups or channels using links like “username.t.me” or “https://username.t.me.”
- Improved support for long media captions.
After more Windows app updates? Give us a follow on Twitter.