The popular Telegram messaging app updated to Version 1.5 today on Windows computers and added a lot of new functionality.
In addition to new emoji, improved scaling for larger screens, 2x speed for video and audio, and Twitter and Instagram link previews, this update also added support for custom languages which means that anyone can now create and add their own languages for use on the platform.
Here’s the full release notes:
- Support for custom languages. Crowdsource a cloud-based language pack for Telegram in any language using our Translations platform – then apply it in real time.
- Interface scaling for large screens, up to 300% (up to 150% for macOS retina screens).
- ‘Count unread messages’ setting for the Badge counter in Settings > Notifications. Disable to show number of unread chats.
- Video messages displayed in shared media (under voice messages).
- Updated emoji. Farewell to question marks ?
Also in this update:
- Listen to voice and video messages in 2X mode if you’re in a hurry.
- Add a comment when sharing posts from channels.
- View all photos and videos in Twitter and Instagram link previews.
- Add emoji to media captions.
Telegram is a messaging app that’s popular in tech circles due to its enhanced encryption and future plans for its own cryptocurrency. Do you use Telegram? Let us know why or why not in the comments below and then follow us on Pinterest for more Windows app content.