The Windows Telegram app updated this week for all devices running Windows 10 and Windows 11. This latest update, which was the 12th and final one for 2021, added the new ability to hide message content and finally brought reaction emoji to the popular communications app.
Here’s the brief release notes for the Windows app update:
- Hover over any message to show the reaction button.
- Click the button for a quick 👍 reaction – or hover over it for the full range of emoji.
- Group and Channel admins can enable reactions in their chat via '...' menu > Manage > Reactions.
- Select text when typing and choose 'Formatting > Spoiler' in the context menu to hide some or all of the contents of a message.
- Click on the spoiler animation in chat to reveal its hidden text.
- Spoiler formatting hides text in chat, as well as in the chat list and notifications.
The Telegram service also added message translations, interactive emoji, and themed QR codes this month though these features aren’t available within the Windows Telegram Desktop app yet. They’ll likely be added in a future update in the coming months.