Microsoft's Surface Go has picked up a firmware update late last week, as spotted by Neowin. The update includes several fixes for issues many users of the lower-end model of Microsoft's premium tablet were facing, including a fix that caused the Surface Pen's top button to fail. The update also fixes issues with the device's UEFI bootloader, as well as improvements to the Bluetooth and Wireless drivers. Here's the full list of changes, for those interested.
- Surface Pen Firmware Update – System devices 220.127.116.11 resolves intermittent pen top button click failure on Surface Pen with no clip, post-Windows 10 October 2018 Update.
- Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices 18.104.22.168 enables firmware update to Surface Pen with no clip.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware 22.214.171.124 improves system security and stability and ensures display of the On-Screen Keyboard during BitLocker unlock prompts at boot.
- Surface CIF Device – System devices 126.96.36.199 improves compatibility with Windows 10 S mode.
- Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth 4.1 – Bluetooth 10.0.0.709 improves wireless security and adds support for Bluetooth quick pairing.
- Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network Adapter– Network adapters 188.8.131.522 improves wireless security and Miracast support.
- Surface Power Delivery – Firmware 184.108.40.206 improves external monitor display compatibility with some USB-C to HDMI adapters.
The Surface Go is Microsoft's more budget-friendly offering for the Surface product line. It sacrifices specs and battery for cheaper and lighter options, which makes it great for portability. And with an LTE model shipping soon, some people could argue the device might give the iPad a run for its money. Of course, we'll just have to wait and see. Those interested can get the device though Microsoft's Surface All Access plan, which bundles the device with Office and a keyboard for a low monthly fee.
Is the Surface Go on your wish list this holiday season, or are you more interested in one of the premium models? Share your thoughts in the comment area below.