If you own a Surface Duo 2, it's time to check for updates. The January Android update is now available for the device, and it is delivering some key improvements for the camera, Link to Windows experience, and third-party chargers.
Coming in at 2021.1116.111, the big update in this release for most people should be the Link to Windows experience. Surface Duo 2 users can now enjoy Android apps on their PC individually through Your Phone, just like folks with the latest Samsung devices could. Previously, Duo 2 owners could only stream the entire screen with the Phone Screen feature. In addition, the camera updates help boost the usability of night mode, 4K video recording, and autofocus. See below for the rest of the changelog.
- Enabled pen shortcut preferences in settings for Surface Slim Pen 2. It requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo 2.
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—January 2022.
- Improves charging reliability with 3rd party chargers.
- Improves system reliability and stability.
- Improves touch responsiveness.
You can grab this update today on your Surface Duo by connecting to Wi-Fi, going to Settings, tapping System, System Update, and then Check for Update. After the update is downloaded, you can tab Restart Now.