Microsoft has started rolling out a new set of firmware updates for its Surface Book 3 devices (via WindowsBlogItalia). The new bits should improve Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, power efficiency when waking from sleep, as well as the overall stability and reliability of the device.
You can check out the full list of changes below:
- Surface - System Management - 184.108.40.206: Surface SMF Client Driver - Surface System Management
- Surface - System Management - 220.127.116.11: Surface SMF Display Client Driver - Surface System Management
- Surface - Monitor - 18.104.22.168: Surface Panel - Monitor
- NVIDIA - Display - 22.214.171.12459: NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Display adapters
- Intel - Net - 126.96.36.199: Intel(R) WiFi 6 AX201 160MHz - Network adapters
- Intel - Bluetooth - 188.8.131.52: Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth - Bluetooth
- Intel Corporation – HIDClass – 184.108.40.206: Intel(R) Precise Touch Device – Human Interface Devices
- improves thermal management when the computer works with an external monitor.
As usual, it's worth keeping in mind that these firmware updates are rolling out gradually to all Surface Book 3 users, and not everyone will necessarily see them at the same time. In case you missed it, Microsoft has also released new updates for Surface Pro 7 and the Surface Studio 2 PCs with performance improvements.