Microsoft has released new firmware updates for its Surface Book 3 2-in-1 PC, which launched earlier this year (via WindowsBlogItalia). These latest updates should improve several things including audio reliability, Sleep power consumption, Wi-Fi performance, GPU stability, as well as Touch and Pen Stability. If you own Microsoft’s new Surface Dock 2, these firmware updates should also make the accessory work better with the Surface Book 3.
You can see the complete release notes below:
- Detection Verification – System devices: 1.0.1287.0 Improves audio reliability.
- (Surface Book Base v3 Firmware Update) – no Device Manager notes: 220.127.116.11 Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface System Aggregator – Firmware: 10.11.139.0 Resolves the stability issues during low battery scenarios.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices: 10.24.0.3694 Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – System devices: 10.24.3694.245 Improves device Sleep power consumption and addresses system bugcheck.
- Surface System Telemetry Driver – System devices: 18.104.22.168: Facilitates power and thermal related data analysis.
- Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz – Network adapters: 22.214.171.124: Improves Wi-Fi performance resuming from sleep and Miracast connection performance.
- Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth – Bluetooth: 126.96.36.199: Resolves the issue with WiFi connection throughput and improves stability.
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX – Display adapters: 188.8.131.5292: Improves GPU stability and power consumption.
- DolbyAPO SWC Device – Software components: 3.20602.651.0: Improves device audio performance and stability, and addresses 3rd party app compatibility and performance.
- Surface DTX – System devices: 184.108.40.206 Improves connectivity and performance with USB Hub.
- 13 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Firmware – Firmware: 220.127.116.11: Improves Touch and Pen stability.
- (13 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor / 15 Inch – Surface Touch Pen Processor) – no Device Manager notes: 18.104.22.168 Improves Touch stability and improves pen inking when palm is also on screen.
- (13 Inch – Dolby Device Extension) – no Device Manager notes: 22.214.171.124 Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
- (15 Inch – Dolby Device Extension) – no Device Manager notes: 126.96.36.199 Fixes low volume output from internal speakers and improves audio reliability.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices: 188.8.131.52 Improves Surface Dock 2 reliability.
As a reminder, this is the second round of firmware updates released for the new 2-in-1 PC since launch. The September 2020 firmware updates should roll out gradually through all Surface Book 3 via Windows Update, so don’t worry if you’re not able to install them immediately on your device.