Microsoft has just started testing a major update for its Sticky Notes app on Windows 10 PCs. Windows Insiders on the Skip ahead ring running the Windows 10 build 18855 or newer can now download the version 3.6 of the app, which brings supports for image attachments, multi-desktop support and more.
This update also brings various usability improvements, as well as some bug fixes. You can learn more in the full release notes below:
- Add images to your Sticky Notes. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Improved speed and added icons to the context menu when selecting text.
- Many more bug fixes and improvements.
- Multi-desktop support is finally here. Stick your notes wherever your work takes you.
- Select specific notes with the taskbar or with Alt + Tab and Win + Tab. But do not worry, Ctrl + Tab still is there for you to only switch between your Sticky Notes.
Sticky Notes is a pretty useful inbox app on Windows 10, especially after the version 3.0 introduced a cloud syncing feature for users who log in with a Microsoft account. Microsoft has already locked down the inbox apps shipping with the Windows 10 19H1 update, so it could take some time before this update starts rolling out to the general public. In the meantime, let us know what you think of this update if you are able to install it.Further reading: Sticky Notes, Windows 10, Windows Insider