State of Decay 2 Patch 4.2 brings several fixes to its Daybreak DLC
State of Decay 2 developers dropped a new gameplay style into its post-apocalyptic zombie outbreak game a months ago with its Daybreak Pack DLC.
The new DLC brought a survival mode that differed from the more intricate sim-like survival gameplay in State of Decay 2 and introduced a faster-paced hoard mode of zombie combat.
However, the Daybreak Pack DLC was not without its own release quirks that many players felt needed to be addressed before they could fully embrace the potential of the new game mode.
Many gamer complaints centered around multiplayer inventory searching, frozen NPC assets, download issues and accidental placement of objects that led to permanent obstruction of entryways.
Fortunately, SoD2 developers just dropped Patch 4.2 to address those issues and many more. According to the release notes players can now look forward to:
- We were finally able to reproduce the dreaded audio blowout bug in a dev environment, and we have a new intended fix.
- As before, if you encounter the bug after installing the update, please let us know!
- Red Talon traits, skills, and hero bonuses should no longer appear on non-Red Talon characters.
- Fixed an issue where, if a player in Daybreak looking at the shared inventory disconnected, other players were blocked from accessing the inventory.
- You can now properly deliver the special “standing execution” move unlocked by the Heroism skill. All that Red Talon training has to be worth something, right?
- The Tactics skill now properly allows a character in stealth to silently open locked doors.
- Red Talon recruits who are euthanized no longer remain static in a standing position. Because that’s just a little TOO disciplined.
Players will no longer automatically (and erroneously) unlock the “Cargo Cult” achievement while downloading Daybreak. Building the CLEO Relay Facility is how you get it now, as originally intended.
- It’s no longer possible to accidentally place the Red Talon Watchtower facility into a slot that prevents your survivors from actually being able to get inside the facility.
- Bloater gas clouds in Daybreak now play their proper audio every time. These guys may be deadly, but they’re not silent.
- The description text for the Remote Rocket Pod now clarifies that you can only detonate one of them at a time.
- Fixed a soft lock that would occur if a player died (via injury) while entering a vehicle at the same time. It sounds weird and hard to pull off, but it was totally happening.
- Fixed a number of localization issues.
Once again, the SoD2 developers delivered a game improving patch that is sure to up the level of enjoyment of gamers.
Let us know in the comments below, what you think of the added Daybreak gameplay?Further reading: DLC, Microsoft, State of Decay 2