Start8 brings the “Start” menu back to Windows 8. The Windows 8 Consumer Preview is available and has taken the Windows interface to a whole new level. Unfortunately, the preview did not come with a desktop feature that the world makes use of billions times a day, the “Start” menu.
So what’s new in this build?
– Added new start button images
– Added option to disable multiple monitor corner stickiness feature of Windows 8 Added option to make right clicking the start button when at the bottom of the screen open the Win + X menu Modified custom places to support libraries Added support for autom
– Start8 option
– Tweaked pin to start menu code
– Added support for shell: link execution via search Modified jumplist code to handle case of pinning an item resulting in the unpinned items disappearing sometimes Modified jumplist code to handle the case of pinned items not showing after clearing recent
– Modified config UI to grey out the inactive start menu style
– Tweak to resolve a rare race condition crash on guest account login
– Modified code to make recently run apps list update directly after launches rather than after the next time the menu is closed
– Menu key on keyboard now opens menu for selected search results
– Additional workaround for slow recent apps list population due to Windows defender bug
– Added German and Chinese (Simplified) localization