The folks at Stardock are keeping our pal Brad Sams busy, today releasing an update to Start 11, the excellent 3rd party customizer for the Start Menu and Taskbar in both Windows 10 and 11. The $5.99 app lets you choose from several Start menu layouts, position the taskbar, restore the taskbar context menu, adds enhanced search capabilities, and a lot more.
The new update, version 1.1, enables even more features:
- Folder support for Windows 10 and 11 styles. Create a folder directly in the Start menu by dragging one icon over another while holding down the shift key.
- Open an icon submenu with a simple right click and easily change the app icon that appears in the menu on Windows 10 and 11 styles.
- Streamlined onboarding with the ability to import an existing Windows 10 menu layout into Start11
- Easily add fences directly to your Start menu with enhanced support for Fences integration.
- Lock icon positions in Windows 10 and 11 style menus
If you’re looking to make Windows 10 look more like Windows 11, or make Windows 11 act more like Windows 10, check out Start 11!