Star Trek Online, a free MMO game set in the popular Star Trek Universe is now available on the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 (via Windows Central). The game is not exactly new since it was first released on Windows back in 2010, though this new console version packs slightly updated graphics. While the game is free-to-play on the Xbox One, there are in-app purchases (up to $199) to buy in-game items such as ships, cosmetic enhancements, accessories, and more.
Here is the official game description:
In Star Trek Online, customize your Captain and enjoy your very own Star Trek experience with over 125 episodes through multiple story arcs, featuring content in both space and ground. Explore strange new worlds, in this ever-expanding, completely Free-to-Play online universe.
- Free-to-Play – Experience a triple-A MMO game for free. Play from level 1 to 60 free of charge!
- Adventure in the Final Frontier – Explore strange new worlds and seek out new life and new civilizations in a vast, expanding universe.
- You Are the Captain – Partake in epic space battles and lead away teams across unknown worlds, interacting with allies and battling enemies.
- Choose Your Faction – Fight for the Federation, Romulan Republic, or Klingon Defense Force, each with vastly different ships and tactics.
- Total Customization – Create and customize a Captain from any species in the galaxy, or even make your own! Even your ship can be customized, from color to construction.
According to a blog post on the game’s official website from last month, players on the Xbox One will receive exclusive gifts such as a free Tier 1 Blockade Runner Escort Steamrunner-class Starship as well as aFederation, Klingon, or Romulan pack including ships and uniforms for their faction. You can download the 15GB game from the download link below, tell us in the comments if you plan to try it on your Xbox One.