There is a new update to Smite, the free-to-play, MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) game for Xbox One. As noted in a post on Xbox Wire, the newest Smite update, "The Vigilant," is now available and adds full keyboard and mouse support for Xbox One, including a new character, Heimdallr, a Norse Hunter god.
Here's a video look at Heimdallr in SMITE's The Vigilant update.
Among the more notable changes available in SMITE's The Vigilant update include the introduction of Heimdallr and his new Hunter abilities:
- His basic attacks have a longer animation time and higher damage scaling
- These attacks rotate between ranged cleaves vs higher damage single target, following an A-A-B chain.
- His base stats are on the tankier side for hunters, or similar to the lower end of Warriors.
- He has no ability that temporarily boosts his attack speed or power
- Can gain vision of areas of the map in ways other than wards, as many as 3 of of his abilities can grant him vision bonuses, and some can even see stealthed enemies.
- Has a movement ability, but one that requires planning and functions unlike any other ability in SMITE
- An Ultimate that features new tech and visuals to create a unique experience, especially for the enemy hit by it.
Get Smite on Xbox One
[appbox windowsstore c2mhs238pdns]
Do you play SMITE? What new features would you like to see in a future SMITE update? Let us know in the comments!