At Build this week, Microsoft introduced support for third-party apps in Microsoft Office, and even showcased some of the apps which will offer integration with Outlook and other Office apps. One such app is Smartsheet, a cloud-based spreadsheet collaborative tool.
The app allows users to create or edit spreadsheet and collaborate on them in real-time, without leaving the Outlook inbox. The company mentioned the demonstrations of how the integration works will be shown live throughout Build 2015 so if you’re in San Francisco, check it out.
“The Smartsheet for Outlook integration highlights the value of working closely with Microsoft to innovate on the customer experience,” said Mark Mader, CEO of Smartsheet. “By using Microsoft’s newly announced unified API as the single interface to all of the Office products, Smartsheet for Outlook streamlines the process of creating or editing tasks in Smartsheet, directly from within Outlook. This is one of many initiatives we’re excited to bring to market with Microsoft.”
Here’s a list of features available in Smartsheet for Outlook (beta);
- Convert any email into a shared item that instantly appears as a row in a Smartsheet project or sheet for all collaborators to see and act on.
- Create or edit a Smartsheet item or task, then assign it to someone, schedule it, or add comments and other relevant details from the email.
- Attach the entire email as a discussion associated with a Smartsheet item.
- Search Smartsheet for the right sheet or project.
- Add all or selected email attachments to a Smartsheet item.
Check out the app using the link below, and let us know about your thoughts regarding the app.