Skype has released an update for its Mac app, bumping it to version 7.5, which comes with several bug fixes and new features on board. Among the most notable ones is the support for not one, not two, but 14 new languages, including Hindi, Turkish, Czech, Ukrainian, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, Indonesian, Catalan, Croatian, Slovak, Vietnamese, Thai and Malay.
Apart from support for over a dozen languages, the latest update fixed several issues which were haunting Skype for Mac users such as the one where the input field in messaging disappears.
Here’s a complete list of issues fixed with the latest update:
- Messaging: Fixed an issue causing the input field to occasionally disappear
- Messaging: Fixed an issue causing high CPU usage when animating emoticons
- Voice: Fixed an issue preventing call UI from coming up when making a call soon after signing in
- Screen Sharing: Fixed an issue causing screen flickering when the shared window is off-screen
- Application: Fixed several crash issues
- Application: Reduced instances of App Nap preventing Skype from reconnecting.
If you come across any bug, make sure to sent it over to the folks at Skype.Further reading: Mac, Microsoft, Skype