Last month, Apple released the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, which now comes with a bigger display, and a better resolution compared to last year’s iPhone 5S. Keeping that in mind, the folks at Skype have released an update for its iPhone app, bumping it to version 5.6.
The latest update brings a number of updates and enhancements on board, including support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. It doesn’t matter if you’re rocking the good old iPhone 4 or the latest iPhone 6 Plus, the app will run in the native resolution, offering more room and access to more recent chats.
Another interesting feature in the latest update is that it now shows the number of contacts, and the time zone of the person you’re talking to in the contact profile. Here’s a complete list of features and enhancements introduced in Skype for iPhone 5.6:
- Native resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
- Presence indicators are now displayed in the “recent” list
- Number of contacts and time zones are now shown on contact profiles
- Individual conversations can be marked as read/unread
- Notification sounds are disabled in “Do not disturb” mode
- General Improvements
If you’re an iPhone user, head over to the App Store and update Skype.Further reading: iPhone, Microsoft, Skype