The Skype team is still iterating fast on its iOS and Android apps, and the latest version 220.127.116.11324 that started to roll out this week brings more new features and improvements. Both apps now let you switch languages in the settings, and those of you who used the new Skype Highlights can now share panoramic pictures with your followers.
The latest version also brings some bug fixes and accessibility improvements, and you can read the full list below:
You asked, we delivered
- Ability to switch languages. Under settings you now have the freedom to change your app language. Learn more.
- Tired of calls answering in Speakerphone? Well it’s finally here, when answering calls with audio only your incoming calls should go to your earpiece first and not the speakerphone. While answering calls with video the call will then go to your speakerphone.
- Highlights notifications. Now when one of your friends sends you a direct message to one of your Highlights, you will receive a notification.
- Capture screen bug. Fixed a bug where when entering the capture screen the screen would just be black. Let us know if this issue continues.
- Contact list for voiceover. Made improvements to the contact list for voiceover. Should be clearer who is online and who is not.
- Panoramic photos, can now be uploaded to Highlights.
Upcoming cool stuff
- Quick sign in is coming back and will make getting back into Skype easier.
- Call monitor will be coming to Android again!
- and so much more…
If you’re not seeing this update yet, the Skype team says that it should roll out gradually over the next two weeks. Despite claims that the team carefully listens to user feedback, most of the recent reviews on the App Store and Google Play Store are still mostly negative.
The removal of previous features such as SMS support or the different presence icons is still an issue for many users, but the new modern design and black theme option are actually pretty good if you ask us. Do you still miss the old design, or did you get used to the new Skype experience? Let us know below.Android, App update, iOS, Skype, Skype for Android, Skype for iPhone