Sea of Thieves update balances weapon damage on Windows 10 & Xbox One
This latest game update brought some damage balancing to two weapons, an in-game message on how to sink your own ship, some control adjustments for keyboard and mouse users, and some bug fixes. Here’s the full release notes.
- Enabling ‘non-directional’ chat no longer allows non-crew players to be heard anywhere in the world.
- Players should no longer get into a state where they can no longer equip a second weapon.
- We have corrected an issue with players receiving very little warning of a server shutdown. Players should now receive a minimum warning of 30 minutes for a server shut down.
- We are still working to ensure that server shutdowns are something that a player would only experience during scheduled maintenance. In the meantime we aim to give players more opportunity to react to a shutdown should it occur.
- In response to reports of poor ping times in South America, we have now deployed Sea Of Thieves to a South American data centre.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
- Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Trading Companies now have limited voyage stock that refreshes at 6am every day (in-game time). This limited voyage stock is currently not explained during purchasing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- We are still working on a fix for this. This was discussed in our Launch Update article written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeleton waves sometimes spawn in the ground or cannot be found at all.
- Improvements to spawning have been made in this update, and we are working to resolve the issue for all islands. For a potential work around, please read this Support article.
- Pirates can be migrated to another server after completing a Skeleton Fort, and sailing away with the Vault Key. After migration, they will find that the vault is empty upon their return.
- We are working on a fix. A short term solution is to not sail away from the Skeleton Fort when you have the Vault Key.
- [PC] Push to talk option will reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- Message from Beyond on the Ghost Ship isn’t translated to other languages.
Sea of Thieves has been a big video game release for Microsoft, garnering over 1 million players within its first week online. The title has received a lot of criticism though, mostly in regards to its repetitive nature and lack of content. Our own Laurent Giret gave his first-hand impressions of the game and said that it “looks like an early-access game, with very little content”.
Are you playing Sea of Thieves? Let us know if you’re happy with the experience in the comments below and make sure to like us on Facebook for more Xbox One and Windows 10 video game news.