While many Xbox owners are paying attention to the shiny and relatively new State of Decay 2 release on the console, fans of the free-to-play ocean adventure game Sea of Thieves were just handed a new update patch that brings some new reward improvements to the game.
According to the studio's patch notes, gamers on Xbox One and Windows 10 should be seeing updates to the way players can open and close crews while out on the seas, as well as framerate and server improvements.
Here is the full list of improvements for patch 1.1.1:
- Open / Closed Crew - You can now dynamically change whether your crew is open or closed while out on the seas. This option can be toggled from within the 'My Crew' menu.
- Athena's Fortune Rewards - The chances of finding more valuable rewards have been increased. Pirate Legends and their crews can now expect to see higher rewards when embarking on their Athena's Fortune voyages.
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- Improvement to frame rate when player is walking or running.
- Multiple server and client crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Washed-up items and messages in bottles have returned to the shorelines once more!
- Dropping Skeleton Fort keys in water will no longer prevent them from being picked up again.
- Athena's Fortune Bounty Quest skeletons will now correctly spawn on Thieves' Haven.
If you encounter this issue, please submit a bug report to our Player Support Team with as much detail as possible on your location.
- Players can no longer be voted into the brig before fully spawning onto the server.
- After equipping a weapon from the armoury, aim sensitivity will no longer default to high the first time you aim down the sight.
- When switching between items and weapons, players will see fewer instances of default models appearing for a few seconds whilst the correct equipped model loads.
- Pricing of the rank 4 and 5 Gold Hoarders compasses are now correct.
- It is no longer possible to accidentally select a pirate whilst watching the intro animation.
- The icon for the Rotten Bilge Rat Shirt no longer appears low-quality.
- Player chat indicator can now be toggled from the front end settings menu and within the game.
- Ship lanterns will no longer appear to remain in an upright position, and now follow ship motions.
- The option to lock FPS to 90 no longer appears.
- Some players travel in an unintended direction, when fired from a cannon.
The patch was released earlier this morning and should be hitting consoles and Windows 10 PCs throughout the day. Check your updates for access.