The popular third-party Windows phone Nike Running app, Run+, has been updated to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) format and is now available on Windows 10 PCs/tablets in addition to Windows phones running Windows Phone 8 through Windows 10 Mobile.
There doesn't seem to be too many visual improvements with the app on Windows phone however some bugs have been squashed such as one that caused a glitch when sharing a run on Facebook.
Here are some of the app’s current features:
- Record the distance, pace and calories for your run
- Share your run on Facebook and Twitter
- Start and join challenges
- View all past runs from all devices
- Map the path and elevation of your run using your phone's GPS
- In-run audio feedback at predefined intervals
- View and compare with friends
- View your trophies
- Play your power song or favourite playlist while you run
- Run under lock screen
- View runs on your lock screen and Live tile while running
- Support for Metric and English units
- Record where you ran and how you felt about the run
- Detect and record weather during run and more...!
With no official Nike Running app on Windows phone, Run+ has proven to be an essential app for many users, like myself, who made the jump to the platform from iOS. Run+ contains almost all of the features of the official iOS app and also connects directly to users’ Nike accounts to sync their data. Despite being unofficial, the app still manages to display Nike friends leaderboards and, while the voices are different than the official app, also provides voice updates on distance and pace while running.
When viewed on a PC, the new UWP Run+ essentially looks like a larger version of how it appears on mobile devices. Do you use Run+ on your Windows phone? How often and how far do you run? Let us know in the comments!
Thanks to Hosney for the tip.