EA Sports has just announced today that it’s releasing an update for Rory McIlroy PGA Tour on the Xbox One and PS4 (via Polygon), adding a brand new course (Banff Springs) playable across all modes as well as venue rotations for major tournaments in career mode. Please find the detailed changelog below:
Set in the heart of Canada’s Rocky Mountains, Banff is arguably the most panoramically beautiful golf course ever created and one of the most challenging courses around.
In addition to this, PGA TOUR Pro has also been updated to have the 3 Licensed Major Tournaments (U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship) rotate the course played each season.
- Various Oakmont fixes.
- Various play now game mode fixes.
- Added more audio lines to generic audio buckets.
- Added more audio lines for specific licensed golfers.
- Updated Career to have the 3 Licensed Major Tournaments rotate the course that is played in each season
- U.S. Open will rotate between Chambers Bay and Oakmont.
- The Open Championship will rotate between St. Andrews and Royal Troon.
- PGA Championship will rotate between Whistling Straits and Quail Hollow.
- Converted Oakmont to have U.S. Open structures when in Play Now.
- Converted Royal Troon to have Open Championship structures when in Play Now.
- Converted Quail Hollow to have PGA Championship structures when in Play Now.
If you didn’t buy the game yet, we remind you that the game is currently discounted in this week’s Deals with Gold, so Xbox Live Gold subscribers can get it for $16 until May 16 (the non-discounted price is $39.99). Furthermore, the game has also been added to EA Access $5/month subscription program, so if you’re a subscriber you can play the game for free right now along FIFA 16, NBA Live 16, NHL 16 and other titles. Please tell us in the comments if you play this game on your Xbox One.
Further reading: EA Access, EA Sports, Xbox One