For those that didn’t take advantage of the 10-hour free trial of Rory Mcilory PGA Tour on EA Access, you’ll get your chance to pick the game up when Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour officially lands on Xbox One tomorrow, July 14th. While I am not a big golf video game player, I will say that Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour has absolutely beautiful graphics and straightforward gameplay. While EA dropped Tiger Woods as the face of PGA Tour, there are a lot more changes and features in Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour that is unlike any other previous PGA Tour title.
Rory Mcilroy is a young, up-and-coming player that adds a lot of excitement to the world of PGA. With Mcilroy’s status as the new kid on the PGA block, EA added a lot more to the gameplay experience to allow you to create your ultimate golf fantasy. The new features of Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour include:
- New commentators – Golf Channel’s Fran Nobilo and Rich Lerner provide witty commentary every time you approach a shot.
- Innovative golf ball physics – realistic ball physics are the most important thing about any PGA Tour title, and this game is no exception. You have the ability to hit the ball more realistically; whether it be through trees, on the fairway, or if you mistakenly hit the ball into a sand trap. The ball reacts as it would in a real life golf game.
- More control options – you can play the game in Arcade Mode or if you want a more realistic experience, you can play in Tour Mode where you’ll have more precise control of your swing and deal with environmental factors, like wind speed and direction.
- Better graphics and fewer loading screens – Everything about Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour is fine-tuned to create the most realistic experience possible; as if you actually playing the game in real life. There are no loading screens between holes, so you don’t have to wait to play through.
- Create your own player – If you want to create a player that looks just like you, Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour allows you to do just that; create your own customized player with your own equipment and to play through PGA tournaments against PGA’s top stars.
If you are an EA Access member, you can play Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour for free for a ten-hour trial right now on Xbox One. If you’re not, you should be, otherwise you’ll have to wait until July 14th to test your golfing prowess. Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour is available for $59.99 as a digital download.Further reading: EA Access, Microsoft, Xbox One